Jackson Windmill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
windybob

Re: Jackson Windmill

Post by windybob »

omg Steve, where have you been?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
steve p

Post by steve p »

Just been busy Windybob. I've checked in a few times in the last few months. Still working on windmills with John. I need to ge started on my monitor L. Glad someone missed me.
windybob

Post by windybob »

We all missed you. I'm just the first to stick my foot in the water and ask.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I'm getting ready to go into smokestack this morning I'll check where he is from.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yes the guy is from Victoria Australia named Andrew Gibb. A fellow who goes by the tag Happy foot from Illinois named Steve responded to him. Was that you Steve P? I sent Andrew a question about the mill. He was last on the site in Sept so we will see if he replies.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I got the green book today. Let me see what it says.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Well, the only Jackson I find is Jackson Brothers hardware in Guymon, Okla. They sold Freeman mills.
Hmmm.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I googled it, and guess what... Kevins page came up first, for a Jackson weight! Whooda thunkit.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Howdy windmill friends.
I did an article for the Windmiller’s Gazette on Byron Jackson published in the summer of 2018 issue. He was an amazing man and had many inventions.
I also did an article for that issue on Thomas J. and Millard F. Ingels of Atchison, Kansas who very well may have sold the rights to their windmill to Jackson.
There is also a “Then & Now” of the Jackson Factory. See http://windmillersgazette.org/xxxvii-no-3-summer-2018
HelenW

Post by HelenW »

Hi Wayne,
I corresponded with Kevin back in 2018-2019 about these Byron Jackson windmill remains. They are located near the outback town of Aramac in Queensland, Australia. I haven't seen them myself, but have seen the photos from Mr Gibb on Smokestack, and an additional photo sent to me by a friend. It is the same mill, and appears to be part of a private collection of random bits and pieces. It is definitely a Byron Jackson as it is clearly written in the casting. I tried to find out more about it but received no response to my enquiry.
Aramac QLD from Brian Attwood cropped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.