Challenge Windmill being made in Mexico??

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
donswindmills

Challenge Windmill being made in Mexico??

Post by donswindmills »

Challenge Windmill

All,

I swear someone at Aermotor or 702 LLC told me this, and I was wondering if anyone might know the name of the company. I was told that a company in Mexico was making the Challenge windmill- is this true? If so, does anyone know the name of the company?

I have a customer that needs a hub, spider, shaft, etc. He has everything else.

Thanks in advance!

donswindmills
CTXmiller

Re: Challenge Windmill being made in Mexico??

Post by CTXmiller »

Aermotor MX makes a Brisa.

Tried to screenshot it, but I was having trouble with the link...kind of hard to remember from prior images that I’ve looked at if it was a Challenge. This mill isn’t an Aermotor clone like 99% of the images on Aermotor MX website.

https://www.aermotor.com.mx/papalotes/p ... php?info=7

The above link wasn’t working for me today, but I’ve seen the images in the past so I screenshot the website and circled where to click. Maybe this is what you’re asking about? (Ignore the photo of the Aermotor clone in the screenshot)

*Edited 1/12/2021 added a screenshot of the mill I was referring to previously seeing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CTXmiller on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

Does Garza ring a bell with anyone ? I remember that name from somewhere. There is a mill made in southern Mexico that has a Challenge case , but if I remember right it has an Aermotor hub and wheel. In the past I sold about a dozen Challenge mills needing a overhaul going to Mexico.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

I did some searching on Google and finally found Garzamotor.com. The pictures look like a 100% Challenge. Not sure of the hub.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418