1930 Beatty windmill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Jim Corcoran

Re: 1930 Beatty windmill

Post by Jim Corcoran »

You can also converse privately through the "private messages" option on this forum. Just a thought.
Jim
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
windybob

Post by windybob »

The better idea is that when you post on the forum, others can learn too. However, there are purposes to the private message. Like pricing, dealing, or personal things.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Captain Jimmy wants to know where to attach the cable. Not sure he has all of the parts. Does anyone have a picture of the full pull-in/out linkage/assy?
PaulV
Captainjimmy2

Post by Captainjimmy2 »

Is there anyone out there who has a copy of the manual for a Beatty wind mill circa 1930 made in Fergus, Ontario.
If so would they please forward it to me so I can print it
Thanks
Captain Jimmy
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

This is all I have on the Beatty Pumper, they were manufactured from around 1937 to the 1950s. The one with the spring that oils the top part was the earlier one 1937 to around 1942.
Some pictures of yours would help us to help you ;)
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captainjimmy2

Post by Captainjimmy2 »

Paul I will get some pictures soon to send to you I'm actually waiting for a guy to come and and try fixing things up. He has a thirty foot ladder and will be able to get some close ups to send. Just not sure when he's going to show. I'll keep you in the loop.
Captain Jimmy
Captainjimmy2

Post by Captainjimmy2 »

I'm going t get some close up pictures of this Beatty and post them.
As I have said to Paul I am just waiting now for a guy to come with his thirty foot ladder to get up there and trouble shoot for what might need fixing, He could show up anytime now so I'm just waiting.
Any one out there who knows where to attach a rope or cord to the pull down lever? If so do you have a picture of where it actually attaches ?
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

First picture is where the pull in wire goes up in the stub tower, second one is the swivel and pull in parts. Third one is the brake shoe in behind the hub. In the pictures the windmill is in the on position.
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captainjimmy2

Post by Captainjimmy2 »

Peter
Got you message re the posting of some Beatty pictures. I just couldn't find the link that I could open to look at them.
Please direct me in the right direction.

Thanks Jim aka Captain Jimmy