Windmill sails

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
joe herman

Re: Windmill sails

Post by joe herman »

Yes I am not going to worry about this any more.
I did notice that the sails on my Aermotor B602 are straight.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

billcobb wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:19 pm A slip-roll fixes these sails very nicely. With the bead in there, you just don't feed the beaded end into the roll let it stick out a few inches. Done. Or, roll out the bead and re-brand it after the fact with a bead roller.
Bill,

Can you show a pic of your slip roll with Dempster sail sticking out the end? Thanks
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Hey guys joe is right about his sails .On the open gear models the sails had a slight twist to them.He might have an older wheel
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Joe is your wheel a 10ft if so I would appreciate it if you could give me the dimensions of the sails. I bought the first steel mill they made a couple years ago with no wheel. Since then I picked up some wheel parts.Yes your sails do have a slight twist to them your not crazy
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

Yes Dan mine is a ten foot,
The sails are 36 and 3/8 by long by 5 and 1/2 by either 12 and 1/2 or 13 inches.
Looks like one section came from a different wheel hence the different width.
There are small clips fitted at the edge of the sail where it goes thru the large clip.
Can take and send a photo of the finished wheel section.
These sections each have 4 sails as this was a power mill and needed the extra surface area.
Smax

Post by Smax »

Joe you might try to put more curve in the middle on the edge near the clip that sometimes will bring the top inline. Just a little. You might not get all of it out but you can get the all near the same.