Mystery Mill #2

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Coulteryan

Re: Mystery Mill #2

Post by Coulteryan »

The previous owner said the still had the tail, which I will now try and procure if he's not married to it.
He said he had tried to weld the tail bracket back on, but was not successful. I will send some more pics of the back side of the case to better show the spring.
Coulteryan

Post by Coulteryan »

The previous owner said the still had the tail, which I will now try and procure if he's not married to it.
He said he had tried to weld the tail bracket back on, but was not successful. I will send some more pics of the back side of the case to better show the spring.
Coulteryan

Post by Coulteryan »

Spent an great day with Wayne from Corsicana last Monday. He and I were able to meet up with the previous owner of the mill and get the tail. It is faint but definitely says Montgomery Ward Wind Machine on both sides.

As mentioned earlier, previous owner had tried to weld the lower vane hinge but was unsuccessful in keeping it together. I would like to have one in better shape if anyone has one to sell? Part number BW 134.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.