Leftover aermoter inventory

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Leftover aermoter inventory

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

My recent bell hub find turned out to be a great find Besides the large gear having early pat date 1878 i started cleaning up the main frame and found a spot where the vertical spring went.I did some research and that frame was only on the original 1888-89-and early 90 model.i believe both gears,rocker arm and pitman are too.One of my better finds.
Mister Ed

Re: Leftover aermoter inventory

Post by Mister Ed »

So the main frame is different than the A2 casting? Or did they change the A2 casting and not change the number? Post up a pic, I have a 1903 (non RA) which used the A2 casting and would like to compare.
Thanks,
Ed
Windcatcher530 Dan

The a2 is on the casting.But when ordering the a2 main frame if it was for a mill1890 and earlier you had to specify because that frame had a place for the vertical spring.from late1890 on they did not have a place for vertical spring
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Ah, I see ,,, good info to know (in the unlikely event I ever run across a bell hub).
Thanks,
Ed
Windcatcher530 Dan

Ed I've been fortunate here in N.Y. i have a model 97 bell i restored 4 yrs ago and then my recent find with early frame and parts.Now there's one less than a mile away on a tower from my last find I'm going to look at and try to buy.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Oh man, I dont see much around here ... except 602s. You might see a F&W scattered around (usually a 24) and there are a couple pockets of Heller Allers. Of course I have a big chunk of National Forest a few miles north of me and Lake Michigan 20 miles west ... so that cuts down on search area.
Thanks,
Ed
Windcatcher530 Dan

Ed when i did some research i found out aermoter opened up two branch houses here in N.Y. in the early 1890s. One in buffalo and one in the city.That's probably my luck with open gear aermoters.I've also found flint and walling open gear and model 24s and 37s.also a lot of aermoter 602s.some stover open gears and one rare barn find wooden stover old reliable circa1878 in very good condition which i still have.A few challenge dandys etc.good talking to you Ed happy hunting