Post mount??

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Mister Ed

Post mount??

Post by Mister Ed »

Does anyone have pics and/or measurements of a post mount for an 8' mill (any model)?

I saw a couple pics of a Star 12 with post mounts and decided I want to do that with mine. I thought I might be getting the original mounts ... but it doesn't look like that will be the case. So, I think I will make something up ... either fab it or draw it up in CAD, print it in plastic and have it cast (or maybe put my big boy panties on and finally do my own iron pour).
Thanks,
Ed
Wayne

Re: Post mount??

Post by Wayne »

There is a post mount at the center in Lubbock. Might check their site for photos. It sets outside.
IvanBlock

Post by IvanBlock »

Ed is this what you're looking for
100_2548_00.jpg
???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Ivan, yes. That one as a bit different (post on each side) vs the one I have seen pics of.
Wayne, thanks I will look around their website.

Here are the only two pics that I have. I'm not sure why I didn't post the pics earlier!
Post Mount 2.jpg
Post Mount 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Ed
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Ed would it be possible to fab a steel bracket that wrapped around and bolted to the bed plate with a flat side to bolt to the post and the same with the truing spider?