Dempster 12A Repair Mechanic Needed in Brighton CO

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

Re: Dempster 12A Repair Mechanic Needed in Brighton CO

Post by Wayne »

There is a site you can go to and post something you need hauled between point A and B then people will give you a quote. On Smokstak.com there is a thread for that. Jim Corcoran used the site and gave me the info but don't have it now.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Wayne,
The outfit is: www.uship.com

I've used them several times with very good results. You post what it is you want moved (including size & weight - plus a photo helps), where it is located and where you want it to be delivered. People traveling in that general area will get on line and bid on the job. You pick the best deal.

Jim
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
windybob

Post by windybob »

I have used Fastenal with good results, and a lot better price than the major shippers. It may take a little longer, and you need a store close to both locations. The last head I shipped in a wood case i made ran about 100 bucks if I remember.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
ZNR

Post by ZNR »

Sure do appreciate everyone's suggestions/help - thanks! In a perfect world, I'd be able to find someone to work on the unit in-place - who knows...
windybob

Post by windybob »

If it needs major work, it's a lot easier to do it off the tower. There are some things a person can repair up top though. It just depends.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
ZNR

Post by ZNR »

Thanks Bob.