Black and White windmill shots

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
windybob

Re: Black and White windmill shots

Post by windybob »

Looks like a power mill to me. Don't know what kind.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Looks like an early metal Hummer.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

Has a football shaped weight.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Only one I know of with a football weight is an L. They had wooden wheels though. Will need to check to see if there was an option for power mill design, and steel wheel. Seems like a stretch.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I don't think its a football, I think its a sphere like an A Monitor and it just looks like a football in the photo. The arms are metal and note the large hub, the hub spider kind of looks like others we know. The sections don't have any wood in them like the early Elgins did and notice the size in comparison to the man straddling the middle sail. To me, the main large bevel gear is the most interesting. Look at how it is shaped, instead of the spokes flowing out from the outer circle like most of them, they are turned a half turn so the edge faces front and back while the flat plain contradicts the outer band's face. Very unusual. I find it a very interesting powermill.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

It is a big strong one. Those men are standing,setting on it. The only two metal bladed umbrellas I know of are the Hummer and Dempster, of course doesn't mean there weren't others. Where are the Hummer folks? I'd like to hear there thoughts.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I am really thinking it is a Stover Power Mill, they had a round ball and metal sections, the gear doesn't look right but it is the closest thing I can come up with? Any experts got a better idea?
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

IMG_3528.jpg
A Goold, Shapley & Muir double geared ideal on my late friends farm north of Craven Saskatchewan. I'd just re lettered the vane for him and then he passed away shortly after.
20200622_181514.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Oh my. Sorry!
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

[attachment=0]D270F0D4-4F3E-4930-AAE8-C31513CB4118.png[/attachment
It’s over looking the city park in Wamego Kansas for everybody to enjoy. As far as I remember everything is still their on the inside except for where they cut in the electric motor to make it move. It’s about 40 miles South of where I grew up. We were there for a field trip in high school, that’s been 20 plus years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.