Black and White windmill shots

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

Black and White windmill shots

Post by Wayne »

I am always on the lookout for Windmill Black and whites. Thought we needed a place to post our favorites. The first is from Decator TX the second NW of downtown Ft Worth Tx you can see the top of the court house in the background.
Decator windmill 001.jpg
Ft Worth Windmill 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smax

Re: Black and White windmill shots

Post by Smax »

Thanks wayne
spring hill bill

Post by spring hill bill »

This is what the Decatur, Texas station looks like now. Sadly, No windmills.
Decatur Texas gas station (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Old pic!!
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Neat shot. I love it any idea where? We've got everything we need to raise a windmill it seems. When I enlarged the picture and went to save it the name was Aermotor-Schumm Farm 1901
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I printed the picture it looks like the horse's are harnessed to a horse power maybe to power the winch to raise everything. Spring Hill Bill I live about 10 miles from where a Spring Hill used to be here in Navarro Co. Had two aunts born there and my Grand Pa Rogers taught school there in the teens of the 1900's.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Wayne wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:16 am Neat shot. I love it any idea where? We've got everything we need to raise a windmill it seems. When I enlarged the picture and went to save it the name was Aermotor-Schumm Farm 1901
I think I found it online
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
billcobb

Post by billcobb »

Local history from my town (Brighton & Hartland Mi.)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Great Shots I love them. Keep them coming.They must be a lithograph. Here is a lithograph of Corsicana in 1886. It's called a birds eye view. There is a windmill on the far left border mid ways up from bottom.
Corsicana 1886 001 (2).jpg
spring hill bill

Post by spring hill bill »

This shot shows my grandfather and brother on horseback about 1948. The photo was taken on the McAnelly ranch between Hondo and Yancey Texas. I have the 12 ft Eclipse that can be seen in the background. It needs restoration. The windmill pumped into an elevated cypress cistern of approximately 500 gallons, which overflowed into a dirt cattle tank. The cistern is long gone.