LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN THE WOODS!

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

Re: LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN THE WOODS!

Post by Wayne »

Hwy 8 the tower legs are on the outside the of the tank. The tank sets inside the tower. So your steps would all be on the tower leg. As they built the tower up they set a tank inside. The tower legs reach from the ground up to your platform at the top.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

hwy8 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:48 am If anyone wants to see it, there's a roof on a tank mounted Aermotor being replaced at the paul's windmill service site.

https://paulswindmillservice.com/windmi ... -hills-il/
These are good photos showing what the top "should" look like for a wooden tank.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Wayne,
I know what you mean, I have a tank that I'd like to try to do this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

It would certainly be unique and catch a lot of people's eyes. Probably one of a kind. I don't remember ever seeing a tower with a tank in it, just pictures.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

Where I live, the next town over, Hawkinsville, Ga, has a hospital. In front of the hospital is a Suburban Job, much like in your photo. It needs an overhaul. I am sure they are waiting for it to fall down so they can get rid of it. Someone of prominence donated it years ago (for looks). Next time I go through there, I will try and remember to stop and take a photo of it.
Smax

Post by Smax »

Thanks Hwy8 for the link
ken@davidragan.com

Post by ken@davidragan.com »

hey Byron I live in Perry Georgia and plan to drive over to take a look at the tower in Hawkinsville. I just purchased a mill just outside the city of Perry that has a water tank (falling apart) on the tower. Sure want to put it back original while doing the restoration Are you close to Perry ?? Thanks for posting the info with tanks on the tower..
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mine is still for sale on this forum under classified for sale tower with water tank . Just saying
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I'd think to work on the tank you would need to take the top part of the tower off. So you could work all around the tank. It would be probably a one of a kind and really neat.