AJ Wodack - alive and mostly well

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Ron Stauffer

AJ Wodack - alive and mostly well

Post by Ron Stauffer »

I was out on the CO plains doing some work and stopped in to see AJ Wodack. He had done articles on rebuilding Aermotors on the original Bill Cherry forum.

Somehow my truck had more on than when I stopped in. I picked up an RA and Aermotor babbit pouring jigs from him. He no longer works on windmills and is doing well. He was complaining about all the people on the Front Range and how WY was going to be his next move. If the Western Slope ever gets that way, I will be right behind him.

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
windybob

Re: AJ Wodack - alive and mostly well

Post by windybob »

Thanks Ron. Glad to hear that.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Ron
My wife has a fair amount of family in front range from Denver all the way to the Wy line. In the 35 years we have went out there to visit its to the point I don't enjoy going any more because of the traffic. Years ago we used to go down in your neck of the woods and Jeep trail ride some pretty country and a lot less people. It been 15 years since we been down there I am sure you have a lot more folks than you use to.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Thanks for the update on AJ.

Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

We like people just don't like them to close together. That is one thing I like about my area so many fewer people than where I was in Tyler. Daniel Boone kept moving west because after he opened an area too many of those Dad Burn settlers kept moving in!
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

I remember him from the old site. Good to hear he is still doing well. Speaking of the lack of crowding and the western slope, there are definitely some characters there. I was recently out there around Meeker. Some very nice people for the most part but some odd ducks as well. One hostess was afraid to look at anyone she talked to and another old farmer was almost incapable of communicating with a very limited vocabulary besides the f word. I am jealous of the weather and lack of crowding but not the jobs or the infrastructure there. The sagebrush is also most certainly less inviting than a midwestern crop field, however the mountains are inviting.