Windmill Hunting Blind

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
JBarker

Re: Windmill Hunting Blind

Post by JBarker »

Wayne wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:09 am Isn't this weekend the opening of Deer season? If so I guess they will all be occupied Saturday morning!
Opening rifle season for whitetail in Texas is Nov 2nd.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Gotcha! I don't hunt nor fish or chase wild women!
Razberi

Post by Razberi »

Oh heck yeah, strap a back scratcher on the pump rod and let it scratch your back all day while you wait for deer! Or dunk your tea bags for you...... Or put a bellows on it to blow through deer calls... Could possibly be the greatest deer stand ever.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Razberi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 pm Oh heck yeah, strap a back scratcher on the pump rod and let it scratch your back all day while you wait for deer! Or dunk your tea bags for you...... Or put a bellows on it to blow through deer calls... Could possibly be the greatest deer stand ever.
lol, funny
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

One of my deer hunters is camped out by one of my windmills in the pasture this A.M. Hope he has some luck deer season started Saturday Nov 16 here. Got four guys staying at the house and only one deer shot so far. Usually they have six or eight by now and have went home. Season ends Sunday here rifle that is.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I got up the other morning with two sets of muddy deer tracks on my front porch. I've got a small pond in front and they had come for a drink and decided across the porch was the shortest way back.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Wayne wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:25 am I got up the other morning with two sets of muddy deer tracks on my front porch. I've got a small pond in front and they had come for a drink and decided across the porch was the shortest way back.
awesome
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
billcobb

Post by billcobb »

I found out that deer at our place look up. So camping on the platform is not such a great deal. Instead, I put siding on the tower with an opening at the base. I'm considering put in a fire pit and a refrigerator for snacks.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

billcobb wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:11 pm I'm considering put in a fire pit and a refrigerator for snacks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
PaulV
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

billcobb wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:11 pm I. I'm considering put in a fire pit and a refrigerator for snacks.
My crew just sit on the ground under the mill. I add a couple sheets of plywood around the tower base when the cows leave the pasture the first of Oct. Mill sets in a small cannon and there are fields north and south of the pasture so the deer travel right by the mill. I am glad my crew isn't on the forum or if they saw this they would want the fire pit and refrigerator.