18' Challenge 27 @ auction

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
hedgerow

Re: 18' Challenge 27 @ auction

Post by hedgerow »

Sounds like the sale went well for the sellers.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

I listened to the auction live. My absentee bid for the Challenge was low compared to the final sell price. I'd planned to bid further but deeper pockets than mine prevailed. Glad I didn't make the long trip to attend in person. Hope the big mill went to another museum so that all can enjoy. Perhaps the new owner will join the forum and share their adventure.
PaulV
Smax

Post by Smax »

Too bad Paul maybe next one will be the one
windybob

Post by windybob »

Kind of shocked at the prices for all the items.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I agree Windy but I don't really know. Maybe when there in the air on a tower it makes them worth more?
windybob

Post by windybob »

I'm sure that prices are regional. folks pay different in different parts of the country. I'd be shot if I asked that much for some of those around here.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Most of the day they spent selling rare collectible tractors, the crowd that was buying them probably wouldn't blink an eye at the windmill prices.
Paul, I was going to offer to drive down and help you load the Challenge. It ran all day in about 30 mph winds and never made a single noise. It seemed like a good mill, even though it went higher than I was guessing. I got out cheap, bought a bowl of chili and 2 cups of coffee!
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Bet that chili was good on what sounds like a miserable day. Yes it seems for some the only time they ask the price is ehwn they are writing the check. I'm watching an auction in Peru In. It is online bidding final day is Nov 7. One of the engines is already at $12,000.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Resurrecting an old thread here....

This mill 'sold' in October 2019 at the auction. For some unknown reason, it was never paid for or the deal feel thru. Here we are, almost 18 months later, and I catch wind that it's still available.... thanks to CTXmiller. It was listed on Facebook Marketplace and eBay.

The museum is no more, and the property sold. The mill needed to be taken down by the end of May per contract with the new property owners.

I was able to get with the mill owner and work out a very very favorable deal for the mill, tower, and hand pump.

I've been in Iowa for a couple of days working with Great Plains Windmill Service to take down this mill. It's loaded up and ready for the trip back to Oklahoma in the morning.

Here's a few pics. More details and pics in the coming week after we get home and settled in.

Happy camper I am. Thanks for the heads-up CTXmiller!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulV
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Very Nice!!!!
Congratulations Paul.
Thanks,
Ed