Aermotor L702

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
PaulV
Site Admin

Aermotor L702

Post by PaulV »

On Brad's forum there was a gentleman that had picked up an L702 and was in the process of refurbishing. Does anyone remember his name? Did he ever get it in the air?
PaulV
windybob

Re: Aermotor L702

Post by windybob »

Paul I got my L 602 case from Al Thomerson at Topper. Not rebuilding it though. Don't even know if he's still around or not. Oh, and i'm not a gentleman either. LOL
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
JR Smith

Post by JR Smith »

Hello All, I'm JR Smith at Tatum, TX. I do have a L 702. Have done a lot of work to the head and parts of the tower. Just about ready to get the tower up. Had a few setbacks with life. Going forward now. Thanks JR
Still Running Against The Wind J.R.Smith
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

Windybob,
The last I heard Al's son was doing the windmills and Al was importing a mill that had bearings, plus some other fingers in the pie.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

JR Smith,
I'd like to come across an L702 some day. Post some pics so we can catch up on your project and follow your progress.

JR Smith wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:06 pm Hello All, I'm JR Smith at Tatum, TX. I do have a L 702. Have done a lot of work to the head and parts of the tower. Just about ready to get the tower up. Had a few setbacks with life. Going forward now. Thanks JR
PaulV
windybob

Post by windybob »

Mr. Cowley, Thanks for the info.

Jr, those things are huge. Special equipment is a must for those. Too big for me.

Paul V, be careful what you wish for. lol
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

pcowley wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:17 pm Windybob,
The last I heard Al's son was doing the windmills and Al was importing a mill that had bearings, plus some other fingers in the pie.
UPDATE ON TOPPER CO. Al gave up on the other stuff and when I talked to him this morning he was overhauling Aermotor motors. Aermotor company is selling the mills now that AL bought (in Australia???)He also had a hand in redoing some of the parts for the Wood Canon mill (Texas tech bought it and putting it up) and a 20 ft Aermotor for the Windmill Museum (going inside the building.)
His son is putting up the small mills and primarily doing well work.

Coy is having a 1 or 2 hour open house to introduce the new museum director on Friday (30th). Surprise !!! it is Coy's daughter. I wasn't Invited %%%%%.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

JR Smith, bring us up to speed on your L702 project.

I wish I'd kept some of your pics and info that was posted on Brad's forum. Could you repost here, please 😁
PaulV
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

My last Windmiller's Gazette introduced us to the New Director. Sandra Harris. Hope it goes well for her. Big shoes to fill.
JR Smith

Post by JR Smith »

Good Evening All, Yes I will try to get some pictures posted. I have worked on the little mill some. Now it's so wet here I can't get to the tower to work on it. The tower was missing some bracing and 1 of the lower legs. I have built the missing leg and the footings that I will put in the ground. The work platform, will replace the wood and replace with expanded metal, then off to AZZ Galvanizing at Waskom,TX. The head is rebuilt and ready to go! A big project, going slow. I hope to have in the wind in 21! JR
Still Running Against The Wind J.R.Smith