Broken sign

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Les Jacox

Broken sign

Post by Les Jacox »

Got this broken cast iron sign at the trade fair. Wondering if anyone has seen a complete one, or picture of one. Would like to repair it, but don't know if it says "Dempster Mf'g Co. Des Moines" or ends with "Des Moines of Iowa", or maybe "Des Moines, Iowa" (with or without comma). Think it may have been mounted above the entrance to their foundry, but haven't found any pictures.
If anyone has any knowledge of this, let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
P6140203a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Les Jacox
Garland, NE
windybob

Re: Broken sign

Post by windybob »

Great project!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Jake,
I did see this at the trade fair, and discussed with Ivan. My best guess would be "Des Moines IA". Attaching picture of the front of a Capital Steel 8' mill, and a copy of a lithograph of the factory from a 1904 Des Moines Atlas. Not a very good copy but was interesting to find it.
I think, you probably have the only one, so whatever you decide is probably what it is.
Gregg
IMG_20190617_114126 (2).jpg
IMG_20190617_114126 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Les Jacox

Post by Les Jacox »

Thanks gregg, i need to talk to Ivan about some other things, too.
Les Jacox
Garland, NE