Custom Tail Art

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
JBarker

Re: Custom Tail Art

Post by JBarker »

Is everyone using paint or vinyl lettering for your custom tail art?
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
JK Windmills (RIP)

Post by JK Windmills (RIP) »

JBarker wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:07 am Is everyone using paint or vinyl lettering for your custom tail art?
Paint. Vinyl has no business on a windmill EVER
Windmillers do it in the air...
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I posted this on Facebook a couple of years ago when we put Rosebud up:
The old windmillers tell stories of giving windmills names like Mary or Sue so they could keep track of the windmill and know its location.
Rose_Bud_Windmill.jpg
Cowboys would ride into the ranch headquarters and say something like, “The stock tank at old Sue is leaking.”
On our latest windmill project Rachel wanted something personal and special on her windmill. She asked if our artists could make a rose.
Dave did a great job with the 3-D rose and lettering! This photo doesn’t do the art work justice, but it was the best photo I could do on a 110 degree day.
This looks great but I think it would be a cold day in you know where before a cowboy would walk in to the bunkhouse and say, “It sure is windy, My Darling Rosebud is spinning like a bat out of …”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I think he might use another word that starts with a D before Rosebud! I agree he knew how to handle a paint brush. The rose is a beauty!
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Came across this one on Facebook.
Quanah.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
Todd

Post by Todd »

Here"s one I did this week.Special UV Resistant vinyl I have been using for 10+ years. I'll post some examples of ones that have been up 10+ years also.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Star 37 Decals - These were put up in June 2009.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Is that the same material they use on vehicles when they do what I think is called a wrap? If it holds up going down the road at 70 it seems it would work on a vane.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Todd wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:43 pm Star 37 Decals - These were put up in June 2009.
Todd,

Thanks for all the pics, I did a custom logo on a tail a couple of weeks ago with the same material. Good to see it lasts along time.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
windybob

Post by windybob »

This I traded a customer for one day a few years ago.
custom tail 1.jpeg
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.