Sears Windmills

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

Sears Windmills

Post by Wayne »

Who made the Sears windmills and what was the name given to them. A friend told me yesterday his son's wife had inherited a farm that had an old Sears windmill on it some where in Texas. It had an elevated water tank and all setting beside on tower. He's got it and is working on it. I have no doubt he will get it to spinning and in good working order.
Bryon

Re: Sears Windmills

Post by Bryon »

Champion.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Correct. That's one of them. Sears sold several over a long time. The Champion was a Stover model M. Sears also sold Monitor windmills. Those were David Bradley. Others escape me at the moment.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
WOpp

Post by WOpp »

I have a Sears & Reobuck 6'. It is cast into the gear case. I need a wheel, mine was tried and got wrecked. Who made it?
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

This might or might not be in the reference library. Sears also sold a Champion as an Air flow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

To Lark and Dak Is your's The Baker built mill. My understanding is if it was built by Baker it is a standard Monitor WB then Monitor WB blades will work. Talked to my friend again He doesn't have the mill yet it is still up on the tower so don't know if it's a Baker or Champion.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

P5160006.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

That's nice Bryon. Mine doesn't have the SEARS on the vane sheet, and the CHAMPION is in the middle in black.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Here's a link to a recent topic on Sears mills.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=621&hilit=Champion&start=10
PaulV
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I guess we will have to wait until the virus goes away so I can go to Lindale and see the pictures my friend has to know what make, Champion or Baker.