Aermotor RA

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Todd

Re: Aermotor RA

Post by Todd »

Mister Ed wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:46 pm Here is an interesting piece of literature. I am not sure who sent me this. Right or wrong, I have it titled 1908 Aermotor catalog.

Aaron - Do you see anything interesting with the vane? I have a different piece that I copied from a website ... it does not show swallow tail vane at all.

Gregguy - Bottom right shows the RA (removable arm) version of this model.

Aermotor Catalog 1908 001.jpg
Ed: I believe that looks like one of the scans I sent you. Let me know if you need more info on these and I can dig that catalog out again. Todd
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

You are probably right Todd. I think I'm good. I wanted to post that particular piece since it shows both a swallow tail and straight vane. And it has a good drawing of the RA's for gregguy.
Thanks,
Ed
Aermotor Fan

Post by Aermotor Fan »

Aaron,
You have a Aermotor RA . Cool mill to restore.
Adam
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

That is what I have always thought it was Adam, but the numbers were kind of confusing. I got to get it out and try to figure out what is missing. I think its mostly there but all taken apart. Should be a fun project!
windybob

Post by windybob »

I did my 1903 several months ago. The tail furls backwards on these. LOL ( Really)
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.