Etter Pump

Well and cistern setup, repair, components (pumps, etc.), etc.
Wayne

Etter Pump

Post by Wayne »

I bought some items from an online auction up in Peru Indiana. Went last week and brought them home. One item was an Etter pump. On the head it says Etter's removable gear windmill pump On the other side Domestic Engine and pump Co. Shippensburg Pennsylvania. I never knew the two were one. It seems the Domestic Engine and Pump Co merged with Etter Pump in 1902. I plan on beatifying my pump and mounting it on my from porch along with a Ward Gear Pump. I also bought a Goulds pump jack made in Seneca Falls NY. Can't find any info on it when built, how used. I'm thinking it probably use to pump an oil well. The belt pulley is bigger then most I'm wondering if tha was so the engine didn't have to have as much power. Then an old wooden body corn sheller, then the item I really wanted was a Standard Cream Separator with it's own engine. Started building them in the teens. I got it running yesterday would like to find some milk and see if it would really work. So there they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Etter Pump

Post by windybob »

Neat stuff!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Very nice Wayne.
Thanks,
Ed
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Neat pieces. Thanks for posting.
Smax

Post by Smax »

You Did good neat stuff wayne
Smax

Post by Smax »

That pump looks a lot like the one you brought back for me thanks again
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

image000000(17).jpg
This is the working side of the Goulds Pump Jack. The main gear shows wear is why I think it maybe pump oil. Up in that part of the country they had a bunch of different make pump jacks for the oil field. Goulds is a major player in pumps. They had a Goulds pump in the auction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

image000001(7).jpg
image000000(22).jpg
While wire brushing my Etter Pump I noticed a couple of things. They must have used a good brand of paint. As I took off the scum green paint showed up every where. I wonder if the water had calcium or lime in it to make the scum on the pump. Then I was amazed at the wear on the teeth of the gear head and pump rod. Somebody pumped a lot of water if it was worn by the hand pumping.