Beatty Pumpers

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Peter vk

Beatty Pumpers

Post by Peter vk »

Hi everyone, I just finished 3 Beatty heads. One is the early spring oiling model and the two other ones are the more common ones but one has the 5 spoke hub. The 5 spoke hub was so you could recycle your old Goold Shapley & Muir wheel.
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Peter vk on Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
windybob

Re: Beattys

Post by windybob »

Geez Peter, you're a one man assembly line! LOL Those are COOL!!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
hedgerow

Re: Beatty Pumpers

Post by hedgerow »

Peter looks like you been hard at work this winter. Have a happy holiday and a safe new year.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

hedgerow wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:55 am Peter looks like you been hard at work this winter. Have a happy holiday and a safe new year.
Thanks hedgerow you too
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Peter,
Eh? Which is the "special" - the 5 spoke hub or the slinky spring top shaft oiler? And how do you get that spring routed? It has to come apart but yet still be an endless spring, right?

Nice work as usual!

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Ron, the 5 spoke hub is the special one, I have only seen a few. You are right the spring comes apart, on the one end the coils are tapered so you can screw it in the other end of the spring. It wasn't a good design. It would come apart or break and get wrapped up in the gears and make a mess. I guess that's why they changed it after a couple of years.
If you're ever in this area you're welcome to stop in and look at my windmills, if the border ever opens again.
Peter
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Peter, yes I will be up that way, the only question will be when. And you would be welcome this way.

I am always interested in what made it to design, then production and then lasted long term in the field. Also of interest is what issues that came up in Aermotor when the different sizes were scaled "up".

Ron