Dempster 12 Pull Out assembly

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Coulteryan

Dempster 12 Pull Out assembly

Post by Coulteryan »

Am trying to reassemble a 6' Dempster 12. Does anyone know how the pull out assembly is supposed to look?

I have replace the bend tube with black iron pipe but don't know how the flat strap is supposed to attach. Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Dempster 12 Pull Out assembly

Post by windybob »

The flat welds to the pipe . It keeps the whole tube from rotating, as there is a notch in the bushing at the end of the neckpipe. Make sure there is enough room for the swivel, I usually allow 3 inches which is more than factory. The chain fastens to the top of the flat bar. I usually take weld it. When you tack weld the flat to the pipe, make sure the welds are as far under the flat as possible. I usually tack 4 times on each side. Check your welds by sliding the whole tube into the neckpipe, and it should work pretty loosely. If it binds on the neckpipe, dress up the welds with a grinder a little.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
windybob

Post by windybob »

pullout 5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coulteryan

Post by Coulteryan »

Ok, thanks for info and picture. It was tack-welded to pipe, but I ground it loose to replace pipe. It has the chain intact,

I have a right angle at the bottom of the flat piece like in your picture, but I seem to be missing something. Likely on the collar since there seems to be a broken bit by the rivets in my first picture? I had thought it attached to the flat piece, but that wouldn't allow the collar to rotate. Do you have a picture of the collar on the pipe by chance?

Thanks in advance!
windybob

Post by windybob »

There is a bushing, (collar) welded to the end to keep the swivel on. Be careful to make sure the hole is a good 1/2 inch for the pumprod.
pullout 2.jpeg
pullout 1.jpeg
Coulteryan

Post by Coulteryan »

Ok, now I see, thank you. I have the collar on upside down. I am missing the second flat bar, with the bend in it, that is attached to the collar. Since it's missing, I am not sure what it does?
windybob

Post by windybob »

Take the rivets out, and make one up. It keeps the swivel from spinning.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I have two of those collars with the angled flat bar if you want one you can have it.