Windmill Pump Bean-Chamberlain

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
CN63

Windmill Pump Bean-Chamberlain

Post by CN63 »

I recently purchased a old farm windmill and will be working to recondition it over the next year or so. The pump that I have was manufactured by the Bean-Chamberlain company , Hudson, Mi. I am having trouble finding information on this pump. Has anyone heard of the Bean Chamberlain Company? Or have information on the line of pumps. I have found isolated info regarding the company making a steam car and plows along with pumps, but that is all i can find. Looking for help. Thank you.
windybob

Re: Windmill Pump Bean-Chamberlain

Post by windybob »

Hudson, Michigan. Incorporated on Aug 29, 1891 while merging with the Superior Machine Co. of Springfield Ohio and the H G Chamberlin Co of Hudson. The former firm was noted as a maker of pumps. (also lawn mowers. ) LAter they made plows, and other impliments. They also, went into the windmill business in 1894. As a result of the 'panic' of 1893,

The Butler Co in Indiana remade itself with Roscoe Bean ( from Bean-Chamberlin) and made windmills ( known as Wolverine) Under contract for the Chamberlin Co of Michigan. In 1902, The Michigan Co merged with the Standard Mfg. Co. of Toledo. It was thereafter known as the United States Pump and Supply Co of Toledo, and for a tuime continued to sell the Wolverine windmill.

There is at least 1 known advertising card, in color, showing the windmill, pumps, and other various items, however it is held in a private collection.

Hope this helps. I got it all from the green book. Not much more , I pretty much said all that was available.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
CN63

Post by CN63 »

Thank you Windydob for the information.
windybob

Post by windybob »

yep. :D
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Wait a minute!!! We need pics. Is this just the pump a Bean? What is the windmill?

CN63 - I am in Fremont (between Muskegon and Big Rapids) and have rebuilt a few mills if you need a hand with something. Where are you located?
Thanks,
Ed