Dempster 3

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
mtblah

Re: Dempster 3

Post by mtblah »

Jeff, when is the wedding ?
The photo of the wedding in front of the windmill would make a great page in the 2022 calendar that is being put together !
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

mtblah, wedding will October 9th.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I think whatever you want it to be. The mill is balanced, more or less. Also, as long as the anchors are good.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

I plan to use 5 foot anchor legs. The tower section I have is right at 48 inches square, would you be comfortable at that, or would you want to be 5 to 6 feet square
windybob

Post by windybob »

I guess I would be, I set a Monitor L one time on a tower about like that. No problems with that. If you are not comfortable with a smaller footprint, just go bigger. If you are going to be working inside the tower at ground level, go bigger anyway. One thing I hate is working in a tower that has a small footprint.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Smax

Post by Smax »

Beautiful
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Recently I was exposed to the covid and had several days off work till I got a negative test. I spent some time and straightened the mast on the Dempster 3, then did some assembly to see if everything worked like it should. I could not get enough good pieces to assemble all 6 blade sections but was able to get 4 sections screwed together to see what I had and if anything else was missing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

You got some great C clamps there!
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Kansas Rust Buzzard wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:48 pm You got some great C clamps there!
Lol, thanks. They come in handy now & then. I have some trouble passing by a clamp at a swap meet or garage sale. Check out my vise grip rack in the rear of the 1st picture. I also have a rack with c-clamps and another area with bar clamps
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Jeff, yes most of us noticed how clean & orderly your shop is, and how many tools on each rack, but I noticed the single cylinder flywheel engines on the shelf ! Do you have any extra John Deere model E 1.5 hp
parts ? Need a mag & ignitor .
Mike B
New Braunfels TX