Dempster 3

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
rockingjl

Dempster 3

Post by rockingjl »

Well due to being exposed to the COVID I have extra time off from work till I receive the results from the Molecular test.
I thought it would be a good time to assemble the pile of parts that is my Dempster Vaneless project to see what might be missing.. Looks like only one of the blade section pivot rods which I can make. The mast had a pretty good lean due to welding up a worn area. I cut out about a 3 inch long section of 1/2 the diameter. I straightened the mast then welded in the patch section. I next put the mast in the work stand and did some assembly. Two blade sections were too rotted to put together but I was able to assemble with 4 sections to see what I had and what was missing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin

Re: Dempster 3

Post by Kevin »

Super Sweet. Thanks for the photos!
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Looks like you have a pretty good start.keep at it so we can see the finished product. Nice mill
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Looks pretty good, you got some nice things besides the windmill there but your shop is WAY too clean! :-)
windybob

Post by windybob »

Holy cow Jeff, I hope you come up with a clean bill of health. The great looking mill is secondary to that.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Kansas Rust Buzzard wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:12 pm Looks pretty good, you got some nice things besides the windmill there but your shop is WAY too clean! :-)
Thanks!
Only reason it is clean is because I was done for the day and cleaned up the next day. You did not see it as a work in process, lol.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 pm Looks like you have a pretty good start.keep at it so we can see the finished product. Nice mill
I actually already have the complete wood kit from Dan B on hand. I just need the time, there is another project ahead of starting on this one.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

windybob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:13 pm Holy cow Jeff, I hope you come up with a clean bill of health. The great looking mill is secondary to that.
Thanks Windy. Had my test this morning, my work will only accept the long version which is 2 to 4 days for results.
Been banished to the shop by Lovely Linda. No symptoms so I am good. Ron will be down in a couple of days and we should be able to get Debra's Dempster back up in the air in between his service work and my time off. This is a really good thing for me, her windmill not being back up for pictures for her daughters backyard wedding could have been life altering for me, lol
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Kevin wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:20 pm Super Sweet. Thanks for the photos!
Thanks Kevin!
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Windy the fan is 40 inches out from the center of the tower, what should the width of the tower base be at ground level