Hello All / Beatty Restoration

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Peter vk

Re: Hello All / Beatty Restoration

Post by Peter vk »

yup, standard 3/4 pipe Thread
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

I also have been straining my mind on how this oiler works on the Beatty. For anyone not familiar with the Beatty this is what lubricates the top end of the mill opposed to the typical ring that is used on Aermotor etc.
My confusion is how does the oil get from the spring to the channels beside it and into the oiler holes? I have had a steady stream of oil running up and over the pulley on top and back down the other side when spinning by hand in the garage but have not figured out how it is supposed to get off the pulley. Should there be a little piece of leather up there to wick the oil off and into the oiler channels? I assume there was something that was taken off as when i got the mill open for the first time the oiler spring was not in the bottom of the case and had been removed. I have attached 3 pics. 1 of the spring setup. 1 of the pulley and spring that the oil seems to stay in and also 1 of the oil channels it should flow into i assume. Reaching out to the Beatty Guys here. Thanks guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Josh From Ontario
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Josh, I don't think anything is missing. That early style Beatty with the spring wasn't made for very long, it probably didn't do the job too well so they switched to the more common style with the oil reservoirs.
Peter
Captainjimmy2

Post by Captainjimmy2 »

Can you show me a picture of where the brake cable and the spring attach to on a beatty windmill?
Jim ala Captain jimmy
Captainjimmy2

Post by Captainjimmy2 »

I have a beatty wind mill. I am located in Parkhill Ontario which is very near Grand Bend and London.
I need some help in getting this running properly with proper spring and brake attacments. Is there anyone in this area who can perform this type of work?

J. Cuming
cumingje4@gmail,com
Hoping some one can help. Email me and then we can set up some phone dialog.
Thank you
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

Captainjimmy2 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:11 am I have a beatty wind mill. I am located in Parkhill Ontario which is very near Grand Bend and London.
I need some help in getting this running properly with proper spring and brake attacments. Is there anyone in this area who can perform this type of work?

J. Cuming
cumingje4@gmail,com
Hoping some one can help. Email me and then we can set up some phone dialog.
Thank you

Hey Jimmy, i tried to email but it sends back as undeliverable. Harvey near Wingham has many many parts and can help you. (519) 357-3621 That is his number. Tell him Josh sent you from a post on the windmill forum and said he could help you. Josh
Josh From Ontario