Finally Mounted My Beatty.

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Joshschneids

Finally Mounted My Beatty.

Post by Joshschneids »

Hey Guys! I finally got around to getting my beatty out of the garage and mounted on the stub. I wanted to throw it on the tower but due to it being at my parents lot i will have to move it at some point when i buy a place of my own. Plus everyone that see’s it wants to go spin it and see how the mechanism all works and wants to see how the inner gears work etc. So now they can walk around it and check it out which is cool. Was really handy having bedrock close by. 6- 1/2” expansion bolts drilled into the rock holds it in place and man it is solid. Anyways thanks to everyone that gave me help with questions over the winter. My vane is still not painted but that is in the works with my sign buddy. That will be the finishing touch. Some pictures for your enjoyment. Josh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Josh From Ontario
Wayne

Re: Finally Mounted My Beatty.

Post by Wayne »

Looks great. Good Job! Yes it's nice when you can see the inner workings and answer all the questions.
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

Thanks Wayne, it is amazing how many people go what do you have that thing for? Then i show them it and they love looking at all the mechanism and seeing how cool everything is.
Josh From Ontario
wind fab

Post by wind fab »

josh
be careful a spinning windmill at ground level can be a hazard

paul
Smax

Post by Smax »

Looks great josh
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

wind fab wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:28 pm josh
be careful a spinning windmill at ground level can be a hazard

paul
Thanks Paul, yes we thought of this and the picture is very decieving. There is about a 6 foot cliff right behind it and around the far side. It is at the top of a hump. It likely will get put up on the tower sooner than later anyways. Josh
Josh From Ontario
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

It's amazing h w many people never had the first thought about a windmill until they can see one up close.
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

one down ? to go........it's all in the fun of it