20’ Samson Model S

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Overkill

Re: 20’ Samson Model S

Post by Overkill »

Disassembly pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Big Gear measurements
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Oil pumping setup. It looks to be a basic check valve setup were the brass end has an internal cone machined into it. Then there is a floating ball inside that blocks the oil from coming back out.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Snout removal. I would not recommend doing it this way as it was a PITA! But it came off without breaking anything.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Thanks for the update. Looks like you making some real head way. Glad you found a bearing that didn't cost $4,500.00.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

great pics Jake!!
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
windybob

Post by windybob »

That's some big stuff there! 15 16 and 18 inch stroke? that's a lot of water from a shallow well!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Interesting turn table setup, and even more interesting to see how that thing is put together. Thanks for sharing, keep the pics coming!
PaulV
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Here is want the turn table looks like after it was machined for the new bearing. Also I removed the old cast iron ball cage altogether. The turn table is so smooth and easy to operate. I can turn it with the tip of my pinky. :D

More pictures to come when I get faster internet the first picture took 3 minutes to upload... I’ll try to upload more tomorrow. I have the tale complete. I will be building the tower tomorrow.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Gears coated with DFL coating (Gray) and non friction surfaces coated with oil wicking coating(Silver).
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson