20’ Samson Model S

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Overkill

Re: 20’ Samson Model S

Post by Overkill »

New 4140 annealed pitman arm pins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
JLM

Post by JLM »

That mill is going to be better than when it was when brand new. Are you planning on pumping water with the mill?
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

JLM wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 pm That mill is going to be better than when it was when brand new. Are you planning on pumping water with the mill?
Yes sir. I already have the well completed just need to finish the head.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
JLM

Post by JLM »

Hope everything coming along well on your big project. Here is a pic of the lettering on my tail bone. Tailbone with casting is
20200123_122729.jpg
21' long tall side of vane sheet is 8'5". The lettering would be located near the end of the tail on top of the angle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

JLM wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:34 pm Hope everything coming along well on your big project. Here is a pic of the lettering on my tail bone. Tailbone with casting is20200123_122729.jpg 21' long tall side of vane sheet is 8'5". The lettering would be located near the end of the tail on top of the angle.
Ill look and measure my tail this weekend.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Jim Corcoran wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:36 pm
Gears coated with DFL coating (Gray) and non friction surfaces coated with oil wicking coating(Silver).
Jake,
For one of the uninformed, would you mind giving a short tutorial on the two coatings? Appears to be something for which I might have an interest.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Hello Jim,
I just received this information.

"Dow MOLYKOTE™ 106 Anti-friction Coating Dark Gray is a one component, heat curing, solid lubricant that is used for dry lubrication, anti-seizure coating, and smooth coating metal applications. It provides a high load carrying capacity, low coefficient of friction, and corrosion protection."
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Ok time for another update.

This time will be the oil pump outer housing and check valves in the bottom. One of my oil pump housing work great the other was completely clogged and once a got it free the check valve was degenerated. The outer housing were pressed in so to get them out i tied the main body to one forklift then one at a time tied the outer housing to another forklift and slowly pulled then apart.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Main body sand blasted.
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Fan snout bolt face on main housing
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

I needed to press in the rear main shaft bearing but i didn't want to react against the other side of the main body because i didn't want to break it. So i came up with sucking the bearing in with a modified hydraulic knock out kit which worked great!
Thanks,
Jake

20ft Samson