Sears and Roebuck Champion (Stover): Project lost cause

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
FlJet

Re: Sears and Roebuck Champion (Stover): Project lost cause

Post by FlJet »

Tom- any updates? I was enjoying watching your progress.
TomsWaterPumper

Post by TomsWaterPumper »

Dan Benjamin and I had talked, and txted pictures of gears and suck back and forth. He doesn't have the parts I need.

Much like this mill's shaft the day I got it, I'm kinda stuck...

Meanwhile I've made progress on my Ural motorcycle and 4x4 7.3 Diesel campervan, so there's that :geek:
windybob

Post by windybob »

That's too bad. I would have thought there were at least a few of those around the country someone would have parts for. Lots of 10 ft stuff up north in Neb or Ks I think.

How about it guys? maybe double check your bone pile for Tom?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
FlJet

Post by FlJet »

Tom, I'm crossing my fingers with you that you can track down what you need. It's selfish on my part of course. I seem to learn something from every project posted on here. My Fairbanks Morse mill was made by Woodmanse, who incorporated a lot of Stover ideas. So your Sears and Roebuck project looked familiar in a lot of ways. Good luck on your other projects in the meantime.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I wish I could help you out, I am from Western Kansas and I just never see Stovers here, I got some that I bought elsewhere but nothing in the bone pile. Sears and Montgomery Ward mills are pretty rare, I think most people bought mills from the well driller or their local hardware store around here. I have seen one local mill in my life that was a David Bradly marked Monitor but I think the historical significance of a mail order mill is pretty neat.