Windmill Rookie

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
windybob

Re: Windmill Rookie

Post by windybob »

Also, if it's an Aermotor, any cast iron part will have a letter and number. Like A 602 or something. The letter is the size of the mill, the number is that part's number.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Windybob i looked at an old monitor tower and the steps are identical to a aermoter.I wonder who stole the others idea.If it's a aermoter the part#on the steps is T147 for a eight foot .
windybob

Post by windybob »

I don't remember that number on the steps, but then again, I never looked. Seems I'm always too busy trying to navigate them on the way up. lol
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I have attached a picture of an early Aermotor step & a Monitor step.
Gregg
Windmill Steps.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Gregg thanks for the closeup of the steps i can see the difference now.i would say that tower is a monitor now.chalk on up for Windybob.Thanks again Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Probably was an old Monitor open gear on the tower and they bought them an Aermotor oilbath with stub. As we know happened many times, upgrade the mill keep the tower.
ShekaBros

Post by ShekaBros »

I got some more pictures, which are attached. To further cloud the step discussion, the steps are two different styles. The first pics I sent which you guys have identified as Monitor, are only on the bottom section. All the steps above that are a different style, as shown. I also sent some pics of the pump and another one of what is left on top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShekaBros

Post by ShekaBros »

Last of the pics
Windcatcher530 Dan

O.k. looks like monitor steps on bottom and aermoter steps on top.still say it's a 602 aermoter mill