Windmill weirdo

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Slim

Windmill weirdo

Post by Slim »

Hello guys I’m new here been creeping around this place for years. I have very little experience with windmills although I do have a WB in the shop I will get around to someday. I’ve been working as a mechanic of some sorts on various things most my life.

In my part of the country we have a few mills mostly 702s but we lack the variety that I see on this forum. I’ve had a fascination with mills since I was small and nothing has changed.

I consider myself slightly odd I guess because I find myself looking at all the literature and pics I can find and just staring at the naked picks ( the ones with bonnets off or the ones of clear close ups of mechanisms ) :D. I’m particularly interested in the oiling systems of the old machines for some reason.
When the 🐍 starts talking it’s time to quit listening!
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Windmill weirdo

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Nothing weird about appreciating oiling systems. I’ve not really focused on them before but windmills do employ many creative ways of moving oil from the sump to the top of the mill, then letting gravity do the distribution.
Welcome to the forum
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome to the forum
Slim

Post by Slim »

Thanks guys
When the 🐍 starts talking it’s time to quit listening!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

John, you will find out in time each of us are "weird " in our own way. I like just looking at my windmill standing and listening to the music it makes.
Mike B
New Braunfels TX