New Member from AZ

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Baker10AZ

New Member from AZ

Post by Baker10AZ »

I just want to thank everyone for letting me be part of this group of people. I am new to windmills and hope that I can learn from the wealth of information and experience that all of you have. I have a Baker Monitor WD. It will have to be rebuilt and some parts will be needed that are just not available in AZ. My hope is that the members will be able to help me with that and I can stand it up in the wind where it belongs.
CTXmiller

Re: New Member from AZ

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome aboard. Lots of windmill knowledge on this forum.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Glad you're here, Baker10AZ. Welcome!
PaulV
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

There is at least one other WD down there.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/grd/ ... 83537.html

I am pretty sure that this was the one that we put a 10' Aermotor on earlier in the year. The WD was already off and by the garage and didnt look at it.

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Baker10AZ

Post by Baker10AZ »

Ron, thanks for the reply. That is the same Baker WD we bought. The story is he has a Baker WD but needed some parts for it. He bought this one that we purchased from Dan Benjamin in S.D. for the parts he needed. He kept the Stub Tower, Turntable and storm stay from it. We bought it for less than he wanted for it hoping we could find these parts. We may have our work cut out for us. If you have any ideas where to look it would be much appreciated. Thanks again, Tony
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Tony
I do remember hearing that it had originally come out of SD, didnt know that it was from Dan tho. Small windmill world out there.

There was a WD here before I purged everything non Aermotor. I think whoever got it put it up tho as it was complete but the sheet metal had bovinal influence.

You might try Williams in Lemitar NM as there was a large Baker Monitor in their yard when I was there last spring.

When you get tired of looking, I would have any size of Aermotor you would want. I was down there a couple weeks ago and still way too hot there

Ron
Baker10AZ

Post by Baker10AZ »

Ron Thanks for the info. It is so hot here you can fry a steak on the step bumper of you truck. Tony
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

You might try Verdoon Co. They sale some Monitor parts. There was a thread on here about them awhile back.
Baker10AZ

Post by Baker10AZ »

Thanks, i just got off the phone with Pauls Windmill Service and he said the same thing. Going to try to get in touch with them today. Much Appreciated.
windybob

Post by windybob »

It's Verdun. In Kansas. I have the number if you are interested. They have parts for 6 and 8 ft. I think anything else would be a stretch.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.