Hello!!

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
WisJim

Re: Hello!!

Post by WisJim »

An old issue of Wind Power Digest may have had a photo of a Jacobs on trees. I'll see if I can find the issue but if it is out in the barn it may have to wait until snow is gone, so I can get out there.
WisJim

Post by WisJim »

I found the magazine article that I recalled, in an issue from 1976. I'll post a page of it that I scanned, in the Wind Generator forum further down the page. It isn't a very legible picture, looks like the original was a poorly exposed snapshot, and the magazine was printed on newsprint paper.
andrewrr

Post by andrewrr »

WisJim wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:11 pm I found the magazine article that I recalled, in an issue from 1976. I'll post a page of it that I scanned, in the Wind Generator forum further down the page. It isn't a very legible picture, looks like the original was a poorly exposed snapshot, and the magazine was printed on newsprint paper.
Hi WisJim

Thank you so much, at first I believed finding the mentioned Jacobs Tree windmill to be a longshot but to actually get an image would truly be something special!

Best,
Andrew
andrewrr

Post by andrewrr »

WisJim wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:11 pm I found the magazine article that I recalled, in an issue from 1976. I'll post a page of it that I scanned, in the Wind Generator forum further down the page. It isn't a very legible picture, looks like the original was a poorly exposed snapshot, and the magazine was printed on newsprint paper.
Could you please link me to the other forum? I cant seem to find it!
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

Click "Home" then scroll down and click "General Discussion - Vintage Wind Generator"