#3 Fairbury

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Rgraves157

#3 Fairbury

Post by Rgraves157 »

Hello People,

I have a #3 Fairbury and I am looking for a source for a break chain. I live in the Texas Hill Country in Comal county. Also I have recently had it serviced by Kutcher Well Service of San Marcos and we continue to have it squeak and wondered if that is normal.

Thank you for any and all help.

Rick Graves
CTXmiller

Re: #3 Fairbury

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome aboard. I would love to see some photos of your #3. Someone on here should be able to help.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Please, I would love to see pics also! Welcome.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I'm thinking it should not squeak. That means metal to metal dry somewhere. There are several different types of chain, post a picture of the chain, and some kind of measurement, and you will get your chain.

Aaron, I can make a trip up to get one of your extra #3 Fairburys. lol Let me know a good time to do so.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Rgraves157

Post by Rgraves157 »

Good Morning! Here are pictures of our Fairbury windmill in Comal County, Texas....along with pictures of the brake chain we need. (8') If any of you know where we can get the chain, please email to: rgraves157@gmail.com. Thank you! Rick

PS.Sorry the orientation is sideways on most of the pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshosier

Post by sshosier »

Tractor Supply sells it by the foot around here. Just go in the store, spool off what you need and cut it.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

It's a common chain so check around locally. Lowe's or Home Depot might even have it. If you don't have any luck finding it, private message me your address and I'll mail you 8' off of my roll.
PaulV