New guy in Michigan

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Billt

New guy in Michigan

Post by Billt »

Hello, have always been a collector of old stuff, hit and miss engines, just finished restoring a 37 Chev pickup and old tractors. With the stay at home orders thought I would try to restore my A602 aermotor windmill. Bought 3 towers and 2 motors that were disassembled and on the ground. For sure I am going to need some help from the expert's on this forum.
I have printed some assembly material off the internet. I have a few questions to start off. I think I have a 8' fan but not sure. Are the hubs that the fans connect to different sizes or will any fan fit? The v rods that hold the fan to the hub do not seem to sit in the correct position on the hub and all seem like they need to be bent wider to fit the holes in the fan. Also not sure about the tail, seems to be longer that the pictures in printed material. Does that matter or will it work on my A602. I have motor and tail and internal parts assembled. All parts seem to not have excessive play. Thanks for any and all help with my project. Having issues trying to post pics. Bill
Bryon

Re: New guy in Michigan

Post by Bryon »

I hope this helps on how the V-spokes are supposed to go.
AermotorVspokeOverlapPattern.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Billt

All parts are specific to size and do not interchange. You can only put 8' parts on a 8'.

Individual 8' fan blades are approx 30". Next size up 10' is approx 36" , so on and so forth + 6"

8' V spokes are approx 33.5" on each leg not counting the threads. Width of the V is about 38.5". 10' V are 41.5" and 48". Width of the V corresponds to distance between outermost holes of the fan section outer band.

The threaded ends will have a tweak to them. When you lace them in to the hub, the tweaked end is perpendicular to the plane of the hub.

Mostly you can tell which way the fan sections were overlapped from the weathering on the outer bands. Correct way is clockwise overlap but they will go on either way. Put back on the way they originally were because they do have "memory".

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Billt

Post by Billt »

Thanks for the info Ron
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

I missed your last question at the "tail" end. An 8' assembled tail vane and bone is close to 8' long. It wouldnt hurt to post pics as all parts "for an 8' Aermotor" until you go to put it together...

Ron
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Hi Bill - I am down by Fremont (Newaygo Co). I have a few A602s around, so if you need something I may have it.
Thanks,
Ed
Billt

Post by Billt »

Ed, will keep you in mind..thanks Bill