Look What I Broke Today!

Break something? We understand your frustration. Vent about it here.
grezmonki

Look What I Broke Today!

Post by grezmonki »

I've only removed dozens of these without problem but I was being a little too quick and too confident, a slip of the tool and here is the end result. Ah,the bitter taste of humble pie! And then imagine that, right after, a couple of bad words came flying out of my mouth! It was definitely time to stop and go eat lunch! But I do get to be the first to post in this category!
20190122_161618.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Look What I Broke Today!

Post by windybob »

I installed one i welded up just like that today. If it fails, it's an easy switch.

Not enough room here for everything I've broken. lol
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
grezmonki

Post by grezmonki »

I am going to weld this one back up. I use "Forney Industries" brand 99% nickle electrodes that I get from my local hardware store. Easier to weld with than some other brands ive used, and good strong welds. Fortunately the hardware store sells them by the stick, over $4 a piece for 3/32"!
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

That had to hurt! I feel your pain, I have broken parts on my hit & miss engine projects.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I don't like this section! Everyone thinks I'm nearly perfect, and to post a mistake would tarnish my image.
HAHAHAHAHA

Had a little 6 ft WB on the stand almost finished, and I dropped the thing. Got lucky though, only broke the top hinge tab off. A little nickel rod, and almost good as new. Almost.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
grezmonki

Post by grezmonki »

Im glad we have a support group now for these kind of things! The part I broke, I did it in front of my new helper, before that I was trying to convince him that I was without flaw!
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Michael,

I tell my help that I will say one thing wrong each day and it is your job to figure out what it is.

If you build up enough tail pin holes, you can buy on ebay 5# Ni99 for around $75, makes them $1/rod. We use Ni99 on tail pin holes as it machines easier with a die grinder burr. Where you can use a grinder, Ni55 works well and is about .65/rod.

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO