Can anyone help me to identify this aermotor?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
IVAN

Can anyone help me to identify this aermotor?

Post by IVAN »

Hi. Can anyone help me to identify this aermotor? I think It might be a 14 or 12 feet 602 but not sure. It belonged to my great grandfather who died in 1928. I would like to restore it´by preserving as much pieces as posible so I could be so dificult to find spare pieces. Im from Canary island, Spain. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
larrychilton

Re: 14ft Aermotor E602 with E702 guts?

Post by larrychilton »

Check the front of the gear case just left of the hub. Cast letter D would be 12 foot and letter E would be 14 foot and 602 or 702 would be model number.

Larry
IVAN

Re: 14ft Aermotor E602 with E702 guts?

Post by IVAN »

larrychilton wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:29 am Check the front of the gear case just left of the hub. Cast letter D would be 12 foot and letter E would be 14 foot and 602 or 702 would be model number.

Larry
Ok, Thank you!
Todd

Re: Can anyone help me to identify this aermotor?

Post by Todd »

That is an interesting wheel design, definitely not Aermotor. I have not seen an inner sail attachment like that before... I would be interested to learn more about the origins of this one..!
windybob

Post by windybob »

Todd, maybe the wheel was re-worked due to rust, damage, or generally bad condition. I can see that being done. Home-made outer clips, and sails shortened to keep 'er spinning.

Looks like a somewhat medium year run on the 602 with the (aftermarket?) U bolts on the hub, and ring oiler instead of flipper. Single stroke pitmans. I don't see any access plugs for the pinions either.

So if the 602 was out between 1916 and 1933, looks like maybe somewhere in the middle maybe.

Most of the cast parts should have a letter and a number on them. This will be the size, and part number.

I'm not well aquainted with the larger size Aermotors. Will be interesting to see what Ron has to say.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
IVAN

Post by IVAN »

Todd wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:04 pm That is an interesting wheel design, definitely not Aermotor. I have not seen an inner sail attachment like that before... I would be interested to learn more about the origins of this one..!
Hi, Todd. I think is an aermotor. I´ll show you some tail´s pictures. As well, It seems to be a 12 ft because letter "D" is marked in any part. Any case, I´m not sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

windybob wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:47 pm Todd, maybe the wheel was re-worked due to rust, damage, or generally bad condition. I can see that being done. Home-made outer clips, and sails shortened to keep 'er spinning.

Looks like a somewhat medium year run on the 602 with the (aftermarket?) U bolts on the hub, and ring oiler instead of flipper. Single stroke pitmans. I don't see any access plugs for the pinions either.

So if the 602 was out between 1916 and 1933, looks like maybe somewhere in the middle maybe.

Most of the cast parts should have a letter and a number on them. This will be the size, and part number.

I'm not well aquainted with the larger size Aermotors. Will be interesting to see what Ron has to say.
Windy
Ron is busy working! Helping me, he can look when he gets done, lol
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Sorry for duplicate pictures and being sideways.

Our 12 foot Aermotor
Tailbone had badly worn tailpin holes, I repaired the tailbone while Ron checked over the gear box and replaced both pitman arms.

Neighbor Debra's 6 foot Dempster
Has some issues with both hubs and the pull out tube.
Windy, Debra curious about her warranty, lol
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Did you notice the bottoms of the blades. It looks like someone added the bottom from other blades. There is an extra flap at the bottom..
windybob

Post by windybob »

Yep. And the outer clips are not Aermotor also. Appear to be modifications.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.