Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Dew

Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Post by Dew »

20190331_174618.jpg
20190403_162230.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Re: Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Post by CTXmiller »

Looks like an open gear Aermotor. Old. Others on here can point out the Aermotor model.
Dew

Re: Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Post by Dew »

20190331_174729.jpg
20190331_174753.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Possibly an Aermotor RA model? Nice find!
Dew

Post by Dew »

Thank you in advance for all information and help as I begin my next adventure to restore her to her former beauty. It sat on a old homestead above their well, it kept their cattle watered. It remained in family for well over 100 years until land was sold recently and brought down.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

I gather that it is from the early 1900s. What state are you in?

The experts on here can help you better, but I believe you can get with some on here that might have parts or can point you where you can find a remanufactured wheel and vane for it.
Dew

Post by Dew »

Southern Illinois/Odin. We have figured out that possibly it had 8ft. Wheel on it at one time by some numbers on the side A20 _? last number possibly a 9. The derick is 30ft.
Dew

Post by Dew »

Image. This is the Vane/Tail to it, it was a mangled mess I managed to straighten it out. ~Dew
20190331_170603.jpg
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

The tower is Aermotor. Dan Benjamin of Freeman, SD could make you a wheel and vane.

What you have in the vice is a tailbone or what holds the tail vane. That is what I’ve always called em.
Dew

Post by Dew »

I appreciate the information, I'm very interested in getting a wheel and a vane. I am a welder I can do a lot of the repairs but need the parts also an the how to's. ~Dew