Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Dew

Re: Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Post by Dew »

Now that I read your post I remember that we had found a number on part of the gears and it started with an A" indicating that it had 8' mill originally on it. I plan putting a 8' back on her. Thank you CTXmiller for the info.
windybob

Re: Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Post by windybob »

Correct on the sizes. I have an L case. Let me see if I can find a pic of the 6 ft case and 20 ft case together...

Ahh yes. Here it is....

L 602 X 602.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

windybob wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:06 pm Correct on the sizes. I have an L case. Let me see if I can find a pic of the 6 ft case and 20 ft case together...

Ahh yes. Here it is....

L 602 X 602.JPG
Awesome 😀👍
PaulV
Dew

Post by Dew »

Sweet ! but out of curiosity how tall does that tower have to be for that 20 ' ? and what is the weight of it ? Lol
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

The shortest tower for a 20' Aermotor windmill is 40 feet. The gearbox, blades, and tail weigh about 5000 pounds.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Bare head as you see it in my post, is 720 pounds. Including babbitt.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

You can display them on an eye level tower. When we went to the Harper farm at Sedwick Ks he had a 20ft DEmpster and a 22ft Challenge 27 where you could walk under the blades. Really neat.
Dew

Post by Dew »

Kevin ;
I spoke with you on the phone this evening. June 3rd around 7p
My time (southern Il.) I should of mentioned that I'm on the forum and you and others had responded and help me identify what I had bought. I will in touch with you soon. ~DEW (Dwayne Hunter)
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Wayne wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:07 am You can display them on an eye level tower. When we went to the Harper farm at Sedwick Ks he had a 20ft DEmpster and a 22ft Challenge 27 where you could walk under the blades. Really neat.
I have my 1903 Aermotor so the blades are just above head level. Nice to look at, people get mesmerized when watching the gears & mechanisms working ... and easy to get up there to lube.
Thanks,
Ed