Wheel ID ... IXL or Clipper/Kenwood or ?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Mister Ed

Re: Wheel ID ... IXL or Clipper/Kenwood or ?

Post by Mister Ed »

windybob wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 pm Ed, I have a wheel like that, but every sail is broke off at the outer rim. I'm pretty sure it's IXL.
Yep, that is the consensus I ran the pics by Ivan and Dan B. as well. I did go pic it up this morning.

Aaron, if you want to part with a section or two ... let me know. I may be interested if the patina matches up to what I just bought.
Thanks,
Ed
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

But what other than an Imperial only had two sales per section? The second one only has two, in fact two of them are still bolted together with a broke off arm chunk. I think I got this photo off the old site, it looks very much like my second pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Ed, I will send you a PM
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

IMG_20190527_101810588_HDR.jpg
FreemanSteel 001.jpg
Freeman 3 001.jpg
A picture of my Freeman Blade sections. A picture of what my head looks like but with some different ladders. Hope you can see them. Of a different head with the different ladders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IvanBlock

Post by IvanBlock »

102_9196.JPG
102_9197.JPG
102_9198.JPG
Attached are a few pictures that might help with sail section ID's. 9196 'Diamond' front 'GEM' rear 9197 both IXL sections front is back geared rear is direct stroke. 9198 front Imperial Mast FOOS and rear Kenwood.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Thanks Ivan, this is great reference!
windybob

Post by windybob »

Thanks! Someone put this in the library section?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

I will have to look, I think I downloaded a file from the old site that had a BUNCH of pics for reference.
Thanks,
Ed
windybob

Post by windybob »

I've got some of those, but always wondered what they were for. I knew the one was an IXL. I have a 6 ft Diamond tail, but no wheel or head. Have the IXL wheel, no head or tail. I do have a GEM tower also. No Gem mill.
I think Freeman and Clipper were the same company, but had regular type sail clips, but mounted on front side of rims. Did not have a step-band as far as I know.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

I finally found my external drive that I had saved pics from the old site, I had these labeled as "Freeman Clipper" but didn't label who posted them so sorry if someone is mad about it. That first photo has more of a conventional chair so either it is a later one or its not Freeman at all? I think my Freeman has Montgomery Ward on the vane if I remember right?

I know when this site came online someone said the old one might get added for reference? I sure hope that happens some day, it was a gold mine of information. Thanks to those who make this computer stuff work!