Wheel ID ... IXL or Clipper/Kenwood or ?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Mister Ed

Wheel ID ... IXL or Clipper/Kenwood or ?

Post by Mister Ed »

OK, what is the make if this wheel?

Here is a link to same pic, but larger:
https://images.craigslist.org/00q0q_3tn ... 00x900.jpg
Thanks,
Ed
Wayne

Re: Wheel ID ... IXL or Clipper/Kenwood or ?

Post by Wayne »

The Freeman also had ladder type blades. I'll look at mine after Church and see if it is the same. The rims seem to be flat not standing on edge. my Freeman is a 10 Ft and has 4 blades per section like this one I do know that. It is also called the Clipper/ Caldwell and was sold by Montrgomery Ward. One and the same I guess
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Thanks Wayne. Don't go through a bunch of bother checking. I have heard from a couple others that it is IXL.
Thanks,
Ed
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Oh man, now you got me wondering, I got a Clipper motor and a pile of IXL blades, now I got to go see if I might really have the wheel for my Clipper?
Kansas Rust Buzzard

OK, I walked out in the mud just to see, I got about half or 3/4 of a wheel I believe is IXL but the other is odd, I found a couple sections that are a pattern but pretty bent up, they are different in that there is only one flat iron making the zig zag instead of also having a backer. The other odd thing is a section consists of two blades. If one of the many people smarter than me knows what it is for please let me know, I may or may not have the motor that it goes on, I got a pile of stuff from the same farm. The first pics I am posting I believe are IXL blades because they came with an IXL vane, they were on a Woodmanse and the guy had told me it was an Open gear that said IXL when I drove to get it so you can imagine my disappointment. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Second type that has the z bar and only two blades per section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

You don't suppose that second one is an Imperial with the backer gone do you? THey had two blades I think?
windybob

Post by windybob »

I think the first one is IXL, and Aaron, the one you are showing may be a Gem? There is one other that had a bent outer rim, trying to remember the name. I don't think Clipper has rims like that. The other I'm trying to remember was made by Temple Pump Co. Open gear. Dang. Where has the mind gone.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Oh! A Diamond. Didn't they have a bent rim like that?
windybob

Post by windybob »

Ed, I have a wheel like that, but every sail is broke off at the outer rim. I'm pretty sure it's IXL.