Woodmanse model identification

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Wayne

Re: Woodmanse model identification

Post by Wayne »

I have a G will look what is attached at that point.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

IMG_20190616_101151251.jpg
IMG_20190616_101142797.jpg
This may be what you are missing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Windy I had a dream about a Direct Stroke oil-bath Woodmanse wood wheel. I think they are one of the prettiest wind mills with the green and white. When I found one my head was already bruised from an X wife about me buying wind mills so no Direct stroke. My dream was squashed like a June Bug.
Time2run21

Post by Time2run21 »

Yes that is the part I’m sure of it could you possibly post some measurements of the Dimensions of it so I can possibly fabricate one? Also do you know how the chain that fastens to the tail runs threw the pullys gets down threw the top of the tower?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Time2run21

Post by Time2run21 »

I guess my question is dose it change from a chain to cable somewhere in the top? And is there a swivel somewhere also?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yes there would be a swivel down in the tower below the mast pipe. If you would send me an e-mail to jjnfrasier@juno.com I would draw a picture with the measurements and send to you. Label the e-mail as Woodmanse Info. I don't always open e-mails from strangers. I will need to look closer about how chain goes. I think there would be a hole in the case and another pulley inside to take the chain down mast pipe.
Time2run21

Post by Time2run21 »

Thanks
Time2run21

Post by Time2run21 »

E mail sent
windybob

Post by windybob »

There needs to be a swivel of sorts on a vertical run. Either up in the neckpipe, or below the storm stay, depends on what you need to rotate. I think on a Woodmanse, the rod that the chain is on comes out the center of the neckpipe ,if so, then you can put a swivel on where the chain hooks to the rod inside the neckpipe ( rod stationary) or below the stormstay (rod swivels with the mill). Remember that the pumpole does not spin, so the pullout rod should be stationary also. Otherwise it will wrap up.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Time2run21

Post by Time2run21 »

Sorry for asking but what’s the stormstay? And it’s a rod that hooks to the chain inside thenevk pipe?