Woodmanse model identification

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
windybob

Re: Woodmanse model identification

Post by windybob »

down in the tower a couple feet a cast bracket that the neckpipe goes through. it bolts to all the legs.

Don't be sorry! Ask away!

Usually it's a rod or something. The chain makes the turns around the pulleys. The rod or bar makes the straight pull on it.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Got the e-mail will try and get info to you today. It rained here yesterday so can't do much else.
Time2run21

Post by Time2run21 »

Thanks guys!!!! Stuff is starting to make more sense now!!!!! My tower is definitely missing the stormstay I seen the holes in the tower where it once was. I’m guessing they don’t have any bearings in them maybe just metal on metal where where the pipe goes threw it?
windybob

Post by windybob »

You are correct. Some may have a grease zerk, but usually bare. Let me see if I can find a diagram of the area or parts.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Oh yeah I remember now. Go back to the pictures that the link was posted for, and go to the page where it says "Steel Direct Stroke" ( with the other models) and in the picture at the top is a pullout rod with a chain. On the left side of the rod where the chain hooks to it there is a little swivel between the rod and chain. With this, the rod stays still but the chain moves around in circles when the head rotates. The swivel is small and kind of cheesy, but it is there. The storm stay is down towards the middle, but not called that. It has the 4 bolts on it.
bluezx6r

Post by bluezx6r »

Heres a pic of a chain to swivel to broken rod off an 8' open gear woodmanse.
IMG_20191130_084541333.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.