Is this a Woodmanse?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Is this a Woodmanse?

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

A very early Direct Stroke Woodmanse came on this, Woodmanses are not common here, I wouldn't have any others to compare it to but its a pretty nice tower, I liked how you could tighten the rod braces, one end has a loop and the other is threaded so you can draw this with a nut and pretty nice castings for the mast pipe also. Ladder is kind of lacking luster but its all pretty straight so I am fairly happy. If you know what I got I would enjoy hearing, thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Re: Is this a Woodmanse?

Post by Wayne »

The top casting and storm stay look just like what was on a tower I picked up last year. Can't find posting where i posted my question, but it seems to ring a bell where someone said Woodmanse.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Thanks Wayne, I assumed it was since it didn't look like any of the normal breeds I see and it had a Woodmanse on it but you never know?
windybob

Post by windybob »

That does not look like the typical Woodmanse tower. Nothing about it says Woodmanse. But if it is, it is.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Well, when I found it, it was married to a Woodmanse so no reason to divorce and remarry at its age!
windybob

Post by windybob »

haha. Down here you might find one original tower/ mill to every 10 hybrids.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Dave Straub

Post by Dave Straub »

Most all Woodsmanse towers have real close girt spacing near the top but then if it's an early version maybe not.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Found the top cap that was on my tower It is a three leg and it has 85 on one corner looking at the top. Hard to see you might look closly at yours. I'm sure it would be different since yours is a 4 legger, I'm just wondering if the number is there
Smax

Post by Smax »

The tower cap on a woodmanse i had could be used four post or three post towers (oil bath model)
Kansas Rust Buzzard

I am going to have to go out and look for numbers or if it could be used for 3 legs. It has rained almost every day since the fair so its a muddy mess today. Thanks everyone.