Help ID a vaneless windmill

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
windybob

Re: Help ID a vaneless windmill

Post by windybob »

Wayne, it's a good day everyday for me. lol
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

You sound like a story I heard about a preacher. He said everything that happened was a Blessing. This is about 1900. One Sunday after Church they were standing outside talking and a bird pooped on him. Someone asked Brother Abe how is that a blessing. He replied it's a blessing that cows can't fly!
steve p

Post by steve p »

Love the old picture Jud!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Looking back at the picture of the Bobtail Duplex is that a fire under the wagon in the middle of picture or just a flaw in the picture. The smoke from the steam engine is blowing in that direction.
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

steve p wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 pm Love the old picture Jud!
Hi Steve, how have you been? I wish I could scan the photo but its a B&B type place a ways from here and I don't know the owners.
Wayne wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:52 am Looking back at the picture of the Bobtail Duplex is that a fire under the wagon in the middle of picture or just a flaw in the picture. The smoke from the steam engine is blowing in that direction.
Haha, It does look like that! I don't think so though given its a black and white photo and what we see looks orange. Its probably some reflection that got caught when I took the pic.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Your probably right. Fire was a hazard in the days with the steam engines. I read somewhere that they would use the belt to pull the thrasher away if the stack caught on fire.
steve p

Post by steve p »

Life is good Jud. Gotta finish an original star mill with John Durdle. This is the wooden wheel version.
Then it's onto the MonitorL.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Be sure and let us see your handy work.