Help needed identifying this windmill

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
1970q

Help needed identifying this windmill

Post by 1970q »

A fellow I work with has a windmill, he bought a few years ago but, doesn’t know what it is. He mentioned the tower came from one farmer and the fan from a neighbour of the farmer. So I’m not sure if the fan is for this windmill or not. Here are a few pictures, he took when he bought it.
1970q

Re: Help needed identifying this windmill

Post by 1970q »

2B74D32A-46AD-42FC-B741-30F68DAD96E1.png
F73A1288-B21E-4EE3-BF1F-EDCCF580F1DA.png
400B8E1D-A806-4A18-9B2D-8EB1B7C104AF.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I don't think that wheel goes to the mill. However, if it's a Canadian mill, who knows. It does look like the frame for a wooden wheel is already on the mill. I don't know Canadian mills, someone else might have more knowledge of those than me. Closer pics of the head would be nice.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

If the wheel has clips like this then the wheel is off a Toronto self-oiling mill
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Looks to like it could be a Dempster 11. With the frame of a wooden wheel on the head. The 11 could have either wood or metal wheels.
IvanBlock

Post by IvanBlock »

That wheel does not go with the windmill pictured. Could use a better picture but it sure looks like a Dempster #14 oil bath wood wheel mill...
windybob

Post by windybob »

Need to check the book. Either Dempster had the 11 or the 14 as a wooden wheeled direct stroke self oiling mill. But one of you may indeed be right. Looks like a pointed helmet. The lack of tail hardware or mounting places has me worried.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yeah Ivan I think your right looking again it is a Dempster 14. You can see the control links for the opening and closing.