Duplex counterweight or another brand?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
hwy8

Duplex counterweight or another brand?

Post by hwy8 »

I went to college in Superior Wis. and during a couple of summers, I took a bunch of Duplex machines off towers with the idea that I would have one up and running. I fully restored the machinery on one but could never figure out how to build the wood fans. So, when a steel Andrew came along, that was what went up on the tower. Now that I can do the woodworking, I'm reverting to my youth and am going to put up a vaneless Duplex after all! I've got the machine and fans and there are just a few details to finish it.

In my experience, all of the counterweights that I have seen had "Duplex" cast into the tops and also, something about adding extra weight. The photo shows what came with my machine and it has no wording. Is this off of another brand?

Is this pitman shield (or whatever it is called) broken? If so, will it be hard to find another?

The photo of the gears is from the wrong angle but are there supposed to be return springs on those?

Thanks for the help.
Burt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.