ID WINDMILL MANUFACOTOR

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Wayne

Re: ID WINDMILL MANUFACOTOR

Post by Wayne »

On the back side there is what looks like the old freeze plug in an engine block. Take it out and there will be a bolt that holds the main shaft.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Have you had one of the apart Wayne? I have not. I did sell one to Adam up north, and he redid it I believe.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
CABBOTT

Post by CABBOTT »

I have removed the retaining nut for the fan shaft and had no issues. What I'm having problems with is removing the worm gear. I have been able to move it about 3/8 to 7/16 of and inch and then it stops. I think the key way is binding it up after it moves that 3/8 of and inch. I have been using heat and PB blaster to try and get the key way to release no luck so for today. Thanks for the replies and guidance.
Regards Chester
windybob

Post by windybob »

Sorry Chester, I am only able to offer limited help on this one. I would go down and tear one apart, but I'm in the middle of 3 others..
CABBOTT

Post by CABBOTT »

Thanks Bob, I will work on it tomorrow after it sets in PB all night.
Regards Chester
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I haven't had one apart myself but a machinist friend of mine put new bushings in mine. Wasn't there when he had it apart.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I was thinking those did not have bearings, just steel on cast. Not sure though...Very common.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

My friend being a machinist may have made things fit. It's only a yard ornament not a pumper.