"New" tower to haul home before deep snow comes

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
hwy8

Re: "New" tower to haul home before deep snow comes

Post by hwy8 »

I don't know very much about towers, and especially not Aermotor towers, but I can tell you that you got the 4th pic. caption EXACTLY right! ("Highway debris waiting to happen or you're not hauling that to the scrap yard are you.." )LOL!!! I had a couple of chunks of rope around it all, I put on the flashers, and then took a back road the 15 miles home holding my breath most of the way....

I'm sending two additional photos: There are 6 or 8 sets of these "X" braces in my pile. I also went out to the shed to take a pic of the tops.

I'd love to build a "trussed tripod" and am hoping there are parts here or that I can find a diagram to build missing parts. By the way, The A702 (with the 723 hub) that was with all of this is sitting on a mast pipe with a three leg casting. Maybe, originally for THIS tower....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Yes that is 3 leg notches.

All trussed tripod girts and split rods are unique to it. The girts will be outies.

There is a painted red oxide 40' complete trussed tripod with your name on it here. No, I didnt paint it

Ron
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

I think that X brace is for a 4 leg but check the total length of each leg of the X against the chart I provided.

The easy to build up 3 leg also has unique to it length innie girts, split rods and X braces as well.

Ron